Cate Russell-Cole is a fully qualified Adult Education Provider and Social Worker; with an understanding of both the psychology and technical aspects of writing and creativity. She has been researching, writing and teaching her own courses since 1990, and is a successful freelance writer and book Author.
Cate lives in Brisbane, Australia. She currently writes and coaches online to an International audience. Cate’s creativity and writing coaching has attracted thriving online communities, which she maintains frequently to provide both how-to resources and writer support. Cate also teaches locally through both the Local Government and private training providers. More information can be found on her Writing Portfolio Page.
Following the feedback I've received from Sandra Nikolai's guest post on toxic critiques, I'd like to focus on unity within the writing community, and we are a community.
I've met many writers who stick together with their fellow wordsmiths. They generously take the time to 'like,' 'plus one,' share, recommend, comment, rate and mop up tears. More of us give than tear apart; that's how it should be!
Please take a little extra time each week this month to support other writers. Ways you can do that include:
- Buying that friend's book that you have always meant to buy, but never gotten around to.
- If you have read a free book, leave feedback and recommend the author. Never leave a giveaway or gift unrewarded.
- Use your powers for good! Resisting the urge to leave a scathing negative critique. Ok, their work wasn't your style or done to your standard. Let it be. Move on: don't destroy.
- Leave blog comments, likes, ratings and plus ones (Google Plus) where you can.
- Give a Written Act of Kindness Award (details are above under Kindness Reward.) You have no idea how much giving these awards has encouraged and blessed MY socks off! Make someone's day.
- Sponsor an initiative such as ROW80 to encourage other writers.
- Send a struggling writer an e-card which encourages them.
- Join a Facebook or Google Plus group and give one post a day a positive comment.
- If you see a request for financial support on someone's blog (when they are non-commercial and freely giving to other writers), even if you can just give a few dollars, please do. Some sites and blogs are expensive. They need help to run them.
In 2013, the CommuniCATE Resources for Writers blog will feature more inspiration, how-to information, best selling author videos, freebies, guest posts, and character development articles. A link to the Blog is on the navigation bar above.
"I've enjoyed each of your psychology-based writing posts. They are an excellent resource to reflect back on my characters and how they've reacted / will react, and whether I've given them enough layers to make them feel real to readers - even when they don't feel real to themselves. Keep 'em coming!"
Shelly Immel, Fiction Writer and Founder of The Big Life Project
"Cate, As a memoir writer, I have to be able to get back into my own head to convey the essence of the truth and reality of past experiences to make them real to the reader. These writing posts are valuable resources for any genre. Thank you!"
Kathleen Pooler, Memoir Writer
Avoiding Back Pain: A Simple Guide
This e-book is now available for free download as a pdf file. This book replaces "The Little Book of Back Care" with more information.
Topics covered include: using a computer or tablet device without straining your neck; safely lifting children; backstrain and backpack and/or handbag weight; conditions caused by poor back care; safe household and garden maintenance; safety in sports and recreation; avoiding back strain while packing and moving and special chapters for people who are frail aged, ill or disabled and their carers. To read more, please visit this page. Click here to download the book.
This is a copy protected file, but you are welcome to share it. The medical content has been approved by a qualified, practicing Spinal Surgeon with a Masters Degree in Spinal Biomechanics.
Other E-books for Sale on Amazon Kindle
Please click on the cover to order, or visit Cate's Author page.
To contact Cate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All site, book, course and blog content is Copyright Cate Russell-Cole: Artios Communications 2013.
None of the content, whether graphical, design, code or text, can be reproduced, in part or full, whether that be in print, audio or any other digital form (including pdf, jpg, png etc.) without my prior written consent. Action will be taken against offenders. For a complete statement on Copyright, Design and Image Use and Copyright on the CommuniCATE Resources for Writers Blog on Wordpress, please click here. I check regularly for Copyright Infringement. You will be discovered.